Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 years of missing my babies

3 years have passed since the worst day of my life. It's been 3 years of missing Alex, Michael and Faith and 3 years wondering what could have been. 3 years of wondering what would they look like now, how crazy would our life be with 3 toddlers. There has not been a day that has gone by that I haven't thought about my babies in heaven, but the pain is not as raw as it once was. Blake has brought so much happiness into my life, but there will always be a part of me missing after I lost them. It makes me sad to think that aside from my immediate family the 17th and 18th will come and go and most people will not remember that this is their 3rd birthday in Heaven.

We went up to the cemetery last night and released balloons and then had my family back over for dinner. I didn't shed any tears at the cemetery so I guess time has healed me in certain ways. I hope my babies were smiling down on us as we released balloons up to them.





4 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

I was thinking of you and your angels yesterday but didn't get a chance to send you a note. I can't believe it's been three years. I am glad you were able to do something special! Blake is so lucky to have 3 angels watching over him!! Although, I know you all wish they were there with you instead. Sending prayers and love your way!!
Hugs!
Candi

Krista said...

Thinking of you and sending hugs...

Heather said...

I'll never forget how my heart sank when I got your email three years ago. I wish you didn't have to lose Alex, Michael and Faith. But I'm so glad you have Blake to make you laugh and smile every day.

Angie said...

I have been thinking of you lately friend! It is crazy that it has been 3 years, I cant believe it. I am so happy that Blake brings you such joy in your life, but I know how it still hurts and how something (or someone) is always missing. Alex, Michael & Faith will ALWAYS be a part of your lives and family. They are your first babies & Blake's big brothers & sister.
Hope everything is going well, it has been so long. Maybe we could all try and get together soon! Enjoy the rest of our short MN summer!!!