Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

To: Blake, From: Mom&Dad

You have no idea how long I've waited to be able to wrap a present for my baby and put it under the Christmas tree that says from "Mom & Dad". As I wrote those words on the label it brought a big smile on my face. This Holiday Season is so very different from last year. At this time last year I was filled with so much sadness and tears and I just wanted the Holiday Season to be over. But this year, I'm filled with so much happiness as I sit and look at my precious baby boy. Don't get me wrong, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of Alex, Michael and Faith. I don't think I will ever be able to say that I feel 100% complete because my heart is still empty for what I lost. But I can also say that Blake has brought back to much happiness into my life.

We put the Christmas tree up last weekend and I'm 100% done with shopping and all the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. I also bought Blake's 1st Christmas ornament this year and hung it next to the Triplets ornament from last year and this year. As a tradition, I will continue to buy Alex, Michael and Faith a Christmas ornament. Attached are some pictures of our beautiful tree and the ornaments.






I go back to work on Monday, December 14th. I can't believe how fast my maternity leave was. It's hard to believe that Blake will be 12 weeks on Monday. I've enjoyed being able to spend every day with him and it will be so hard to go back full time. On the bright side, Blake will be going to Grandma's house and she will be spoiling him. I don't think I could ever drop him off at a Daycare Center. I'm very fortunate that my Mom or Mike will be watching him.

Blake continues to grow quickly and is weighing about 12 1/2 lbs already. He is almost out of some of the 0-3 month clothes. He is still not sleeping through the night, which makes going back to work even more difficult because I'm going to be so tired. For the past few weeks he has had the same routine. I feed him at 9pm and he immediately goes to sleep and then he wakes up around 2am and I feed him again and then he is back up at 5am. So my plan is after he wakes around 5am, I will get ready and head into work. I used to work 9-6pm, but now I'm going to change my hours to 7:30-4:15.

1 comment:

jmatteso said...

Lisa,

Been following your blog for awhile now and just had 34 week preemies myself (twins). Before we delivered I read lots of "sleep training" books but none apply to preemies. Did you read anything in particular to understand their sleep needs and patterns? Or a website? Any info would be great!

Jen