We had a wonderful Christmas getting to celebrate Blake's 1st Christmas. He got a few toys from Auntie/Uncle and Grandma & Grandpa and $300 worth of savings bonds (that one day he will appreciate very much). We stayed in town for Christmas and thankfully we didn't have to travel anywhere since we got hit by a big snow storm and got over a foot of snow. It was pretty to have a "white" Christmas this year.


New Years Eve was very quiet and I was in bed sleeping at 8:45pm. Blake and I rang in the New Year at 2:15am when he was up for his middle of the night feeding. He is very much in a routine of going to sleep at 8pm and getting up once in the night around 2am and then wakes around 6am.
Work is very busy and it's very hard having a full time job and trying to be the best mom that I can be. I miss Blake so much during the day and I can't wait till I get to leave work to see him. I'm so busy at work that my days do fly by which is nice. Blake has been going to Grandma's while I'm at work or staying home with Daddy so it's nice to know that he is in good hands. Breastfeeding is still going well, although it definitely is not meant for the working mom. I try to pump 3 times while at work, but sometimes it's hard to get 3 in if I have meetings. But it's so worth it because I know that it's the best for Blake. So he usually gets about 3 bottles during the day while I'm working and then the rest of the feedings he is breastfed.
Blake is becoming a BIG Boy!!! He is now 14lbs (I think 7 of those lbs are in his cheeks), he definitely doesn't look like a preemie. He has pretty much grown out of his 3 month clothes - it makes me sad to think how fast he has grown.
I finally framed Blake's new born pictures and I put them on both sides of the Triplets portrait. It looks so nice so see Blake along side his brothers and sisters.
My Mom bought the Triplets a "snow babies" figurine last year and this year. I think she will continue to buy them one every year. They are beautiful (and of course, she always finds one that has 3 babies on them). I have them sitting in Blake's room on his shelf as a constant reminder that his siblings are watching over him from heaven.
Blake just sat in his Bumbo Chair for the first time and he was so proud of himself. He was smiling and laughing. He also has just started to love the activity mat.

Wishing Everyone a Happy New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment