
I've really been having hard time since Cash passed away. It's so quiet in our house with only one dog. Cash was always so full of life that it is just so strange to not have him with us. I also feel really bad for Tango because he is completely deaf in his old age and he has never been apart a day from Cash in his entire life. They were litter mates and always did everything with each other. So I can only imagine what poor Tango is thinking now that his best friend and brother is no longer here.
I have so much regret with the day that Cash died. I feel so bad for leaving for work in the morning only to have him die all by himself on the on the front area rug. I guess I always imagined that at some point in his life we would have to make the tough decision to put him down and we would be with him right up until the end and get a chance to say our final good byes. Instead I left for work that morning and he died. He had been panting a little the night before and that morning but because we had just brought him into the Vet on May 11th and they ran every test imaginable and gave us a clean bill of health I just assumed he was still ok. He also had a really good appetite that morning and had ate all his food so I assumed he was ok. I'll never forget the moment that Mike called me at 11:15 at work to tell me the bad news. I didn't even answer the phone with "Hello", instead I said "Did Cash Die?". At that moment in time, I just knew that something was wrong and instantly regretted leaving for work that morning because he died all alone.
Looking back, I know it was better that Cash died on his own and that we didn't have to make that tough decision that so many pet owners are faced with. Cash had a great life and was loved very much. He had a long healthy life with quality of life right up to the very end. But it still doesn't make it any easier now that he is gone.
Cash was more than just a dog, he was my baby for 13 years who stuck by my through all the years of infertility struggles and losing the triplets. Cash and Tango played a big part in my healing after I lost the triplets. I remember crying for weeks/months after I lost the triplets and I would I just sit and hold them and it was as if they knew that “Mommy was Hurting and that she needed her furry babies”. Tango & Cash also never left my side the entire 13 weeks of bed rest. That old saying “A Dog is a Man’s Best Friend” is so true.
Memories of Cash:
Cash loved sleeping on pillows
Cash's sleep number was 45. Yes, he was spoiled and slept in our sleep number bed
Cash loved sleeping under the blankets
Cash LOVED going for walks. If you even mentioned the word WALK, he would go crazy
Cash was the leader, Tango the follower
Cash loved being mischievous and going into our neighbors garage
Cash loved people food and would always beg sitting up on his hind legs.
Cash wasn't too crazy about swimming in the lake
Cash didn't mind baths - as long as the water was warm and Tango was by his side
Cash loved car rides
Cash loved drinking water in the middle of the night, which is why we have a dog dish right by our bed.
Cash hated the winter/snow and cold weather
Cash loved laying by the fireplace in the winter
Cash loved to greet anyone who walked in our house with non-stop BARKING
Cash was very protective of his “Mommy”
Cash did very good at Puppy School, Tango not so much
We used to wrap up Tango & Cash in baby blankets and they would let us hold them for hours
Cash loved peeing on anything and everything during our walks
Cash would only eat a potato chip if it was dipped in “top the tator” – no joke. Can we say spoiled!!
Cash loved ice cream cones from Dairy Queen. Him and Tango would share one
Cash loved sleeping next to you at night, he always had to be touching you
Rest in Peace Cash. We love you and miss you. P.S. - Tangy has been getting extra love and attention since you've passed away.




1 comment:
Hi...I'm not sure I've commented before, I stumbled on your blog from a friends. Anyhow, just wanted to say that I know how you feel about Cash. My chihuahua mix, Petey, was my baby when I was never sure I could have my own baby. (We went through IVF, too.) He died at home, like Cash, and he was an old man, but I still miss him so much everyday. Sending you love and peace. Cash was lucky to have you! Take care...
Post a Comment