Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Croup

My poor sweet little boy came down with Croup on Friday. I left for work on Friday morning and he had a low grade fever but was acting just fine so I told Mike to keep a close eye on him. Blake took a nap at 11 and didn't wake up till 2 and when he woke up his temp was 102 and he was having difficulties breathing. So Mike called and said I better meet him up at Priority Peds. I walked in and I've never seen Blake so sick and lethargic - it was awful. Doctor diagnosed him with Croup and gave him a steroid shot. So it's been a very quiet weekend at the household. It's been hard trying to keep Blake inside because he always wants to be running around outside. I actually had planned to take today off from work because it's Grandma's 65th Birthday so we thought we would give her a day off. I had originally planning to bring Blake to the pool, but instead it was just a quiet day at home.

Other fun things we've been up to this summer include: Como Park / Como Town - we've been twice and Blake really enjoys the carnival rides - not scared at all. He really wasn't amazed at any animals except the seals. We've also been enjoying the Splish Splash pool by our house. My little boy goes right down the slide with no fear. My sisters little girl Carly is 18 mths older than Blake and she is still too scared to go down it. Blake is definitely all BOY.

We also made a trip up to Hayward Cabin this past weekend. Mike had been laid off because of our State shut down so we thought we better take advantage of having a weekend together and go up and see G'ma and G'pa Jones. Blake had an "ok" time, unfortunately the cabin is not baby proofed so I felt like we were constantly telling him "NO" and "don't touch" the entire weekend. But I'm glad we went because they don't' get to see Blake that much.

I'm still amazed at how quickly my little miracle is growing up. There is not a day that goes by that I don't realize how lucky we are to be his parents. I wish I could stop time because it really is just going by too fast. He is really talking up a storm and his favorite words at this time are: "mine", 'no", "outside", "shoes", "on", "help".


Some pictures from the cabin:




Pictures from our 4th of July Party. Blake had his first orange crush pop.






Other Summer Pictures:


No comments: