


A few other updates.
1. Blake is definitely starting to teethe. I had him at the doctor the other day because I thought he might have an ear infection and the doctor said his bottom gums were definitely swollen so hopefully within the next few days his first tooth will pop thru. Otherwise, he is doing awesome and growing up so fast.
2. Mike is officially off unemployment. He got a job as a Blackjack dealer at Treasure Island casino. It's not the most ideal job in the world because he has to work nights, but at the same time at least it's a job making decent money. Hopefully if the economy ever picks back up he can get back into the Trades. His unemployment ran out last week so the timing was perfect.
3. We finally sold our rental property.... What a relief, of course we had to take a HUGE LOSS but I'm glad to just be done with it. We closed on Friday. We've owned it for 5 years and have had nothing but bad tenants who don't pay their rent and trash the place. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how much money we've lost (more than enough to pay for another IVF cycle) but after our last tenants I just wanted to be done with the rental property thing. So word of Advice - Don't ever buy rental property.
4. Our poor dog Tango broke his leg on Saturday. He tumbled down the stairs and landed on the hard word floor and broke his leg. I just feel awful because it was partly my fault. Tango & Cash are turning 12 this summer and recently Tango has become deaf and starting to have accidents in the house so I've kind of lost my patience with him. Anyway, on Saturday morning I was going to let them out and Tango was just sitting at the top of the steps and would not move so I went up to give him a little nudge so that he would know it was time to go outside and unfortunately he stumbled on the 3rd step and fell down and midway through the fall he took out his brother Cash and both of them went tumbling down. I felt so helpless as I watched both of them tumbling down. I knew immediately that Tango was hurt. So we off to the Vet we went for x-rays. Doctor confirmed that it was broken but didn't think he needed surgery because it was just a fracture. So now Tango will have to have the splint on for about 6 to 8 weeks. So that bill cost us another $700. So needless to say it was a very expensive weekend in the Jones household.
Here is a picture of poor Tangy.



No comments:
Post a Comment