Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Sorrow & Soaring

This past Saturday my Mom, Blake and I attended the annual Sorrow & Soaring Memorial Service put on by United Hospital for all the families who have lost babies. It was a very nice service and after it was over they release a Dove for each baby that has died. This was the first year that we have attended because there was no way I could have attended this back in 2008, the pain of losing Alex, Michael and Faith was just to RAW and then last year we had just been discharged from NICU with Blake and I wasn't about to take him out to a public place. So this was the first year I could actually attend it. It was kind of nice to put aside a day to just grieve and think about the triplets.

The weather here in Minnesota was unseasonably warm (in the mid 80's) over the weekend. It was just gorgeous outside. On Sunday, we drove up to St. Michael to celebrate Delaney's 3rd Birthday. Blake had so much fun playing with his cousins.

Mike and I got back from Las Vegas on October 1st. We had a great trip, didn't win any money but still had a good time. However, my little man snubbed me when I got home. He looked at me like I was a total stranger and wouldn't come to me. I guess he was showing me who was BOSS! Luckily he was with Grandma the whole week so I knew he was in good hands and being spoiled. But I told Mike that the next time we go on vacation he is coming with us.

Attached are a few recent pictures:

Blake taking a snooze in the minivan


Blake eating Tuna Pasta Salad - He loved it

Blake playing in his PJ's

Blake and his cousin Bodie

No comments: