Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

One of those days...

Today is one of those days where I'm mad and angry at the world. I have absolutely no motivation at work and just don't care about anything right now. I know that is such a bad attitude to have, but I just can't help the way I feel. I see so many pregnant people, it just seems they are everywhere. Or perhaps I just notice it more than the average person because I would give anything to be pregnant again.

I'm constantly thinking about the triplets. I have their little portrait in a 2x3 frame on my desk and I often catch myself starring at it during the day. I had a dentist appointment yesterday at 3:00pm which was a really bad time of the day considering it's the middle of January and year-end close. January is always such a busy month for us Accountants. I would normally never schedule an appointment for mid day during January but when I made the appointment back in July 2008 I was 14 weeks pregnant and I remember telling the Hygienist that it could be any time because I would be on Maternity Leave. It just seems that everything is such a constant reminder of what I lost. Everyday I walk into work and realize that I shouldn't be here right now, instead I should be enjoying my Maternity leave.

The days seem to be going by very slowly as I'm approaching the February 9th date. It just seems everyone around me is pregnant. I hate having these jealous feelings, but I just can't help myself. I keep asking "when will it be my turn?". Will all this heartache eventually lead to something positive? I know they say you are never given more than you can handle, but I think that I've been through enough and I can't take any more disappointments.

I used to be such an optimistic & happy person before I lost the triplets. I had such a great childhood and grew up in such a loving family. Everything I wanted in life came so easy and without struggle. But now there is one thing that I want so badly that I may never get. I feel so helpless and frustrated. I know we are doing everything we possible can, but will it be enough??? Will I ever have a biological child? These thoughts run through my mind constantly during the day and wake me in the middle of nights.

On a brighter note, we did have a fun night this past Friday. We went out to a really nice restaurant in Minneapolis called Fogo De Chao with 5 couples from our Neighborhood. It's a Brazilian Restaurant that is just fabulous. I think I gained about 4lbs from overeating. It's very expensive but well worth it. After dinner we headed back to our house and played Wii RockBand till 1:30am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, we are all pulling for you and hoping that soon this journey of yours will be a memory. Wish there was more we could do to make the pain more tolerable. Please take care of yourself.
Jill

Candi and Skeet said...

Hi Lisa,
Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you. I am praying for a smooth fresh cycle coming up soon. Please keep me updated.