The nurses were great and everyone congratulated me on this pregnancy. The nurse told me that I have every right to be nervous and scared and that I should never hesitate to call them if I have any concerns. She also said if I just need some extra reassurance that everything is going great to just give her a call and they would get me in for a quick u/s just so that I could see that little heartbeat.
I met with the doctor and he was very calm and reassuring. He told me that I can't compare my triplet pregnancy with a singleton pregnancy. However since I lost the triplets at 19 weeks, they do consider this pregnancy "high risk" and I will be closely monitored. He said between 18 weeks and 24 weeks is the time period that he is most concerned with. That will be the time that they will monitor my cervix for any changes. He said when I make it past 24 weeks he would then consider me a "normal risk" pregnancy. I guess he said up until 18 weeks the baby is so small that it can't put enough pressure on the cervix. At about 24 weeks the baby and uterus become big enough that they put pressure on the pelvic bone and the not the cervix. The period between 18 and 24 weeks is when the cervix has the most pressure.



1 comment:
I am so glad you got to see your little bean again. I bet it is reassuring to know that your doctor is going to keep a close eye on you. I think I would demand it of mine. I am keeping you in my prayers!!
Love,
Candi
Post a Comment