Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blake is HOME!!!!

Our little miracle is at home. Blake was discharged from the NICU on Friday at 4pm. He made a ton of progress between Wednesday and Thursday and the feeding tube came out early Thursday morning and he proceeded to do very well with his feedings. The doctors felt like he was ready for the 12 hour scan. So they hooked him up on Thursday night and he passed.

On Friday morning he also passed a car seat test where they placed him in his car seat and monitored his breathing for 60 minutes to make sure that his airways are not restricted while in his car seat. He also passed the hearing test on Friday morning. So he was ready to come home. It was such an amazing feeling to be able to leave the hospital with our baby.

I’ve barely put him down since we’ve been home, I just want to hold him and kiss him all day long.

Blake also got his pictures taken from the hospital photographer. Please click on the link below to see the professional hospital photos.

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=411eb865-cdc5-4425-b988-538773ba2a38




2 comments:

Heather said...

No Way! I can't believe you are all home together!! Congratulations!

Welcome home, Blake. :)

Angie said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! He is just so handsome! I hope you are doing just wonderful! Congrats again!!!