Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Looooooong Night

Blake had a rough day yesterday. He scratched his cornea around mid afternoon so we took him into Priority Peds and they put a drop of yellow dye in his eyes and then look at his eye under this purple light and she confirmed that he did scratch it. I felt so bad for him, but he never sits still anymore so cutting his nails is almost impossible.

Anyway, I talked to the doctor about how much he spits up and she said “That is NOT Normal for his age” and said based on everything I told her he definitely has Acid Reflux. So she gave him a prescription of Zantac and also recommended that we try Enfamil AR that is specifically made to reduce Spit Up because it contains a rice starch that turns more to solid when it hits the stomach and so there is less chance of it coming back up. She said if he is having issues with milk based formula that he will probably have issues when he switches to Whole Milk.

So last night he was up crying/whimpering/moaning every 45 minutes to 1 hour from 8pm to 2am. The poor little guy, he was so tired and wanted to sleep but was just in pain. I had to no idea if it was his eye that was hurting him, his tummy because I gave him Zantac and new formula or if his teeth were hurting him. Finally at 2am I gave him is Ibuprofen for his teeth and he slept for about 3 hours and then at 5am he started crying again. OMG, I’m so tired today. I don’t know how I’m going to make it the full day.

He also only weighed 20lb 12oz yesterday so he hasn’t gained hardly any weight since his 9 mth appointment when he weighed 20lb 1oz. Although, doctor didn’t seem concerned because she said when they get mobile their weight gain usually starts to slow down.

I felt so bad for him, hopefully he will have a good day at Grandma's today and take some nice long naps. Wish I could nap too, but unfortunately I have to work all day.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Poor Blake!! I am hope he is feeling better today - and I hope you are surviving! I dont know how I would make it!

Praying that you can get through the day & that Blake feels better soon! He is one adorable little guy!!

Heather said...

Poor Baby Blake! Scratched cornea AND teething AND reflux is just too much. I hope his eye, mouth and tummy all feel better very soon.