Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Milestone!

Today marks the beginning of the 18th week of pregnancy. I know I have a long to go, but making it to 18 weeks is a huge milestone for me. This last week of has definitely been the hardest week for me. Ever since my last cervical check on May 27th where my cervix had changed so much, I've done nothing but worry. My water broke at 17w6d with the triplets so yesterday was so hard for me. Part of me just wanted to stay in bed all day for fear of standing up and having my water break again.

I had my 18 week level II u/s this morning. I'm happy to say that Baby Jones looked perfect and was measuring right on track. They also checked my cervix again and it was measuring 3.4cm. I asked the doctor how it could go from a 3.1 back up to a 3.4 and she said it depends on the position of the baby, how full my bladder is and the angle of the u/s. Basically, she said my cervix looks long and closed and everything is going great.

I also took the gestational diabetes test today. I decided to get tested early because I was overweight when I began the pregnancy and I also have PCOS which put me a higher risk to develop gestational diabetes. I'm proud to say that I passed the test. They will test again between 24-28 eeks, but for now all looks good.

I'm definitely feeling much better about this pregnancy because I received good news all around:
1. Cervix was still long and closed
2. Baby Jones measurement/anatomy were perfect
3. I passed the Gestational Diabetes test.

Attached are some pictures from today's u/s: The baby has really long arms and it was waving at us. And for those of you wondering - NO we did not find out the gender



2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I am so happy to hear your great news! I'm always thinking about you!

Angie said...

Hi Lisa! So Krista told me after group tonight that you had a blog, so I had to come check it out! I am so thrilled everything is going well for you! I will probably check up all the time now- cannot wait for you and will pray for a healthy baby! You sooo deserve it!

Thinking and praying for you,
Angie