Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Post IVF Appointment

The fertility clinic e-mailed me today to set up my post IVF follow up appointment with Dr. Bayless. They asked if I wanted to come in tomorrow or wait till after the Holidays. I decided to opt to take the opening tomorrow. I think I just need to know if a 4th cycle is in our future or if this last failed FET was our last chance at a biological child.

I'm hoping that Dr. Bayless will agree to move forward with a 4th fresh cycle. She said she needed to take our case and present it to Dr. Stassart (who is the owner of the clinic) and see if he would agree to do a 4th cycle. I'm pretty confident that they will do it for us, but I won't know for sure until after we meet tomorrow.

Oh and my period showed up this morning which now means that I probably need to get some blood work done. The fertility clinic requires you to have updated blood work every 6 months for the following:

Day 3 Labs - these are tests used to predict ovarian reserve and are a good indicator of how well your body will respond to the IVF meds.

Infectious Disease Labs - both Mike and I are required to update these every 6 months.

Semen Analysis - Mike loves this one (NOT!). Let's see between 6 failed IUI's, 3 IVF's and 2 years of infertility treatment I think he's had to do this about a dozen of times. So while most men would be humiliated to even have to do this once, I can honestly say it doesn't bother him anymore.

So as you can see even when I try not to focus on all this stuff it just seems it over takes your life anyway. But I guess this is the life of an IVF patient.

Stay tuned tomorrow... I'm hoping I can post some good news that a 4th fresh cycle is in our future - hopefully around Feb/March 2009 timeline.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good Luck!! I'll be anxiously waiting to hear about your appointment tomorrow.