Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Carly's Turning One!

It's hard to believe that my little niece Carly is going to be ONE on February 20th. My sister also struggled through infertility and now has 2 IVF miracles. We go to the same infertility clinic and Ob/Gyn. I remember Carly's delivery so vividly. I had just lost my singleton pregnancy on January 15th and had the D&C and then 1 month later I was back at the hospital for Carly's delivery. That day was bitter sweet for me as I was so happy for my sister but also so sad for me. I remember our Ob/Gyn looking at me after my sister delivered Carly and saying to me "Your next, it will happen for you"

Well it's now a year later and I'm still waiting for it to be my turn to bring home a healthy baby. Little did I know how much heartache and sadness I would endure over the next year. So as I reflect over the first year of Carly's life it is again bitter sweet for me. After I found out I was pregnant with triplets, I would always look at her and think how wonderful my life would be with 3 little bundles of joy. There are still times when it is hard for me to hold her because it brings tears to my eyes that my 3 babies aren't here with me.

Today is absolute torture for me. I just wish I knew if the transfer was successful or not. I would give anything to know the results today instead of having to wait until next Thursday. I haven't accomplished much at work today because my mind keeps wandering off and thinking about whether or not it worked. I find myself thinking more about the triplets and thinking that it's so unfair that I even had to do another round of IVF.

Carly is having a princess-themed birthday party which is so fitting for our little princess. Attached is a picture of Carly, she is so darn cute!!!



Here is Carly and Auntie Lisa on Super Bowl Sunday. She is wearing a "Packers" sweatshirt because her Daddy is a Big Green Bay Packer Fan.



No comments: