Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 6 Follicle Check

I had my day 6 follicle check this morning. My lining was at a 6.7B and I had 9 large follicles on my right side and 4 on my left side. The nurse said that my retrieval will definitely happen by Monday or maybe even sooner. They took my blood again and will check my E2 (estradiol) level and give me a call back later this afternoon if my treatment plan changes. If I don't hear back from them, then I will go back tomorrow for another follicle and lining check.

Before I even went in this morning I knew that my right side was the dominant side as I can tell that my right ovary is swollen and tender. But I guess with 9 large follicles on the right side it only makes sense that I would feel a little swollen. A normal women would only produce 1, so having 9 on one side is definitely more than nature had intended. I'm hoping that they will be able to retreive anywhere from 10 to 12 mature eggs on the retreival procedure.

Mike is also scheduled for surgery next week. He had been having constant sinus infections and finally was referred to an ENT specialist who ordered a CT scan and found out what has been causing him so much pain. He has a Golf Ball size Cyst in his dental cavity that needs to be removed. His surgery couldn't have come at a worse time because it's scheduled for next Wednesday, February 11th and more than likely I will have the transfer on February 12th which means both of us will be laid up for a few days. It will be a difficult 2 days because I'm supposed to be on strict bed rest for 2 days and he will be drugged up on some heavy pain meds. Normally Mike waits on my hand and foot while I'm on bed rest, but he will be recovering from his own surgery. The oral surgeon said there are 3 different kind of cysts and they won't know what kind he has until they do a biopsy of it the day of surgery. If it is the bad kind then Mike will be losing some teeth and part of his jaw bone. Obviously we're hoping that doesn't happen.

Thankfully we have wonderful family and neighbors who have already said they can help us out and stop over at the house and let the dogs out and bring me some food while I'm in bed for 2 days. I also have to figure out what new TV series I will start watching while on bed rest. Last time I decided to watch Criminal Minds and I ended up watching the entire 1st season while on bed rest for 2 days. I'm thinking about maybe renting Law and Order: SVU or The Mentalist.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can't believe that you will have ET on Monday!!! That is super quick! Please continue to update so I can keep up with you!!! Good luck..I am sending you tons of Baby dust! Oh, and you can always email me if you get bored..I hope Mike's surgery goes well too..I'll be thinking of you!