Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Still in the Hospital

I just met with the doctor and they are going to keep me over night again in the hospital because they are being extremely cautious with me given my previous loss with the triplets. I’m totally ok with staying another night because I feel better knowing that they are monitoring me closely.

The doctor said the most critical period after a cerclage is the first 24 hours and so far everything has been great. I’ve had no spotting, bleeding or cramping and they’ve had me hooked up to the monitors to check for contractions and there has been no activity.

The NICU Doctor stopped in the other night to talk with me. She said that I’m definitely at the point of viability if I were to deliver today, although the baby would have a long road in the NICU. She said if I can make it to 28 weeks that will be a huge milestone in terms that 95% of 28 week babies do great in the NICU with no long term health problems. I asked her about 32 weeks and she actually said that statistically the 28 weekers do just as well as a 30-32 week babies.

The doctor that came in today was very optimistic that I would make it to at least 28weeks given that I haven’t had any contractions and now that the cerclage stitch is keeping my cervix closed.

I will be going home tomorrow and then I will have a “In-Home” Ob nurse stop at our house every Monday to give me a 17P injection (helps relax the uterus) and to hook me up to the monitors to check for contractions and do a non-stress test on the baby to make sure baby is doing good. I will then have weekly visits at the clinic on Thursdays.

So my first goal is 28 weeks (August 10th) and my 2nd goal is 32 weeks (September 7th). Anything over 32 weeks will be icing on the cake

1 comment:

Mommy_2_triplet_angels said...

Hi my name is Laura. I also lost Triplets last year in June and I'm happy to say that I was able to carry my Baby Boy to term I had him 3weeks ago. I will be thinking and checking on you. Best of luck.