5 of my co-workers took the afternoon off and came over and visited. They stopped by to pick up pizza and then Mike went out and picked up a box of Dairy Queen Buster Bars for us. 4 out of the 6 of us are pregnant so the Buster Bars were awesome for us prego ladies. It was so nice to see them again, I really miss them. I'm very fortunate that I work at a great company and managed to find some really great friends that I adore. It was fun catching up on everything that I've missed over the past 6 weeks.
They also all put together some encouraging words and inspirational notes and typed them up on sticky notes and when they got over here the stuck the notes on the chain links. They made me promise not to read any of them unless they are stuck to the chain that I get to rip off each morning. The first one I get to read is on Sunday. I thought this was so sweet of them, now I have something else to look forward to on certain days.
Mike and I started to play yahtzee and he has been kicking my butt. I get so frustrated when I lose because I'm pretty competitive when it comes to playing games. So I'm anxiously awaiting for him to come upstairs so I can have a rematch.
I totally made my sister's week. She has been laid off since April 2008 and I gave her a referral for an opening at St. Jude Medical where I work and she interviewed her on Wednesday and they called her back today with good news that she got the job. She is so excited because St. Jude Medical is such a wonderful company. So we'll be working together which will be nice because my Mom is going to do daycare for both of us so we'll both drop the kids off and then we can ride together into work. She is celebrating tonight with a nice meal and said she would drop off a plate of food for me.
Baby Jones continues to be a very active baby and likes to kick me a lot during the day, which I love. Still no signs of contractions. I can't believe I only have 10 days till my 28 week goal. We will definitely be having a mini celebration on August 10th when I hit 28 weeks!!!
16 years today
1 year ago



No comments:
Post a Comment