Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Holding Strong!!!

I had another appointment today and I'm happy to say that the measurement was still at 2.8. My cervix is still closed and no signs of funneling/opening which are all good signs. I will continue to remain on bed rest for the next couple of weeks.

My next appointment is scheduled for July 13th which I will be exactly 24 weeks. I have a level II u/s scheduled for that day and then it will also be my last trans-vaginal u/s to measure the cervix. I haven't had an u/s of the baby since 18 weeks so it will be nice to get to see baby again.

24 weeks will be such a HUGE Milestone for me. The doctor said that after I reach 24weeks it will no longer be necessary to take cervical measurements because the baby is now big enough that it will rest on the pelvic bone instead of putting all the pressure on the cervix.

The days get very long being on bed rest, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this baby here safe and healthy. The highlight of my day is getting to take a 10minute shower each day - it feels so good to be able to get up and stand for 10 minutes. Otherwise, I pretty much rotate from the bed to the recliner.

I've been watching a ton of movies and just got hooked on watching "Cash Cab". I recently just ordered the NCIS: Season 1 from Netflix so hopefully that will keep me occupied over the next several weeks.

I'm hopeful that after 24 weeks they will put me on "modified" bed rest instead of "strict" bed rest so I can gradually start to increase my activity and start walking around a little. Not that I've minded having Mike wait on me, but I have to admit I think he is ready for me to be a little bit more self-sufficient instead of relying on him for anything and everything.

Thanks for all the continued prayers for Baby Jones. I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yay Lisa! I'm so happy for you, can't wait for you to reach 24 weeks, I know it will be such a relief!