I had my appointment at MN Perinatal this morning and it was a nice uneventful appointment with good news all around. They did another ultrasound so they could look at the placement of the cerclage stitch and confirm that the cervix was closed. The stitch looked great as it was nice and high and the cervix was closed. They took another cervical measurement and it was measuring at 3.9cm which was fantastic considering it was only at 1.5cm on the day of the surgery. Anything above 2.0 is considered good/normal. So the surgery was definitely successful as the doctor was able to get the stitch up high and able to pull down on the cervix which created more length. I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Lynch-Soloman perform the surgery because he is known to the best at putting in cerclage stitches.
They also did another fFN test. Fetal fibronectin (fFN) is a protein produced during pregnancy and functions as biological glue, attaching the fetal sac to the uterine lining. The presence of fFN during weeks 24-34 of a high-risk pregnancy, along with symptoms of labor, suggests that the "glue" may be disintegrating ahead of schedule and alerts doctors to a possibility of preterm delivery within the next 14 days. A negative result indicates a 95% accuracy that labor will not occur in the next 14 days. My result today was negative, so more good news.
I also passed the 1 hour gestational diabetes test.
The In-Home Ob Nurse came to the house on Tuesday and brought all the monitoring equipment and hooked me up for an hour to monitor for contractions and perform a non stress test on the baby. There were no signs of contractions and baby did great on the NST. She was will come every week for the remainder of my pregnancy. My next appointment at MN Perinatal will be 2 weeks, August 7th.
Overall, this was one of the best appointments I’ve had because it was uneventful and I received good news all around. I will continue on “strict” bed rest with the hopes of going to “modified” bed rest after I reach the 28 week goal.
16 years today
1 year ago



1 comment:
YAY! 28 weeks here you come!
Post a Comment