Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little Scare Today!

The in-home Ob nurse came over for her weekly appointment. While she had me hooked up to the monitors, I started to have some contractions. (They were not very strong, but strong enough that I could feel a little tightening on the right side and strong enough to register on the monitor). I ended up having about 5 in one hour. So the nurse called MN Perinatal and they had me come down to Hospital in Ob Triage so I could be monitored for a longer period of time.

So Mike and I headed down to the hospital and they immediately hooked me up and everything was nice and quiet and no signs of contractions for over an hour. So they sent us back home.

So now I'm going to be freaking out at every little twinge, cramp that I feel.

I'm glad it was a nice short trip to the hospital, but at the same time it scares me that things can happen and change so quickly. I was just starting to feel comfortable that I was going to make it into September/October before the baby was born but it seems like as soon as I start to relax and get comfortable something bad happens. So I just decided that I need to be in constant worry mode.

There was somewhat of a relief today knowing that I was at least 28 weeks along as we headed down to the hospital, but at the same time I kept thinking to myself this is way too early for this baby to come.

5 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

That is so scary!! Praying that the contractions stay away and that sweet little baby stays in until he/she is well done!! Hugs to you!!

Kelly said...

I'm glad that everything is ok and you are still baking that baby! Hang in there!!!

Leslie said...

I got more and more contractions as the pregnancy went along. I know they are very scary, but it can also be normal. Of course, with your history, you definitely want to get them checked out. I found that drinking "smart water" and eating enough protein helped to reduce them. Also, laying on my right side as much as possible. But, I swear sometimes the babies would just be so active that the contractions would almost start up in response to them moving. Hang in there and I am still praying for you! You are doing great :)

Leslie said...

Nope, not right side... left side! It is amazing how quickly we forget some of the details. Heck, it only hit me when I envisioned myself laying in the room. I had to picture which wall I was staring at! LOL! Sorry for the confusion.

Angie said...

Praying and thinking about you and that baby!! We dont want any more contractions, hope everything is still going well!

I am glad Krista was able to stop by, she is great to talk to. We should all get together sometime, hopefully we can get that set up.

I am doing pretty good, thanks!

Happy Friday, I hope bedrest is treating you well, those days were so long and I could never tell the days apart!

Talk to you soon hopefully!