Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 21, 2009

No MORE Strict Bed Rest!!!!

I had another great appointment today. The best news is that I'm officially off "restricted" bed rest and been upgraded to "modified" bed rest. They did a quick u/s to look at baby and everything continues to look great with Baby Jones. My amniotic fluid levels and heartbeat looked good.

I got to see my favorite doctor today (the one who did the emergency surgery for the cerclage stitch). He checked my cervix and said it was completely closed and there was no pressure on the cerclage stitch. He was very happy with how my pregnancy has progressed and was very optimistic that I would be able to keep Baby Jones inside. If I make it another 6 weeks, they will take the cerclage stitch out between 36 and 37 weeks. It was nice to get to see him again and be able to personally thank him for saving this baby's life with his skill and expertise in high risk pregnancies.

I will continue to rest and take it easy, but I at least get to leave my bedroom and go up and down the stairs once a day. He said I can start sitting up more instead of being in a constant reclined position.

My next appointment is scheduled for Friday, September 4th for a level II u/s. I haven't had a detailed u/s of the baby since 24 weeks so it will be fun to see how much the baby has grown in 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your continued prayers for Baby Jones.

1 comment:

The Gustafson Family said...

That is the best news!! I am so happy that you are to get up!! Stay snuggled up Baby Jones in Momma's belly!!