Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baby Jones Estimated Arrival: Less than 3 weeks!!!

Had another doctor appointment today and things continue to look good with baby. However, my blood pressure has been going up over the last few weeks so they have been monitoring me very closely for any signs of preeclampsia. The only cure for preeclampsia is to deliver baby. My blood pressure has been hovering around mid 140’s/mid 80’s. Anything over 140/90 is considered high. The doctor I saw today said she was fairly confident that I will be delivered by 36 weeks which is October 5th due to my high blood pressure. If my blood pressure starts to get into the mid 150’s over mid 90’s than delivery of baby will be sooner.


So it looks like Baby Jones will be making an arrival within 3 weeks. After 6 long years of struggling with infertility, I can’t believe that I could be holding my baby in less than 3 weeks. I’m hoping if I deliver around 36 weeks that the baby won’t have to spend too much time in the NICU since they consider 37 weeks full term. I had a wonderful baby shower this weekend and was overwhelmed by the generosity of all my family and friends. Baby Jones is already very spoiled. Mike just finished putting the pack-n-play together, stroller and car seats are put together and all the clothes and blankets have been washed and put away. So I feel like we are ready for this baby.


At this point, the doctors are not even concerned with my cervix or cerclage stitch since my body has shown no signs of contractions. So ironically in the end, I don’t think it will be the incompetent cervix that makes me deliver early, instead it will be high blood pressure/preeclampsia. I just feel blessed to have made it 33 weeks and hoping for another 3 weeks.

5 comments:

Angie said...

YEAH that is so wonderful!! I am so happy for you and so glad everything is going well. I am going to pray that your blood pressure stays down and everything goes well!

Thinking of you!

Candi and Skeet said...

I can't believe it!!! The time just flies doesn't it? I am so happy for you and your husband. I can't wait to see pics of little baby Jones! Praying that everything goes well!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I check in on you here at least once a week...and I am so thrilled that Baby J could be here within three weeks! So happy for you!

Erin J

The Gustafson Family said...

Oh Lisa!! I can't wait to see him or her beautiful face. This a long time acomin'! Rest up these last few weeks!! {{{HUGGSS}}

ldowning92 said...

Hi Lisa,
I've been keeping up with you and am so happy for you. I'll continue to pray for you and the safe arrival of your little bundle of joy. Take it easy, because in a few short weeks your life will be wonderfully chaotic. :)

Lori (from Babycenter board)