Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pictures and Update



Blake is doing great in the NICU, they just took out the Cpap mask and he is just receiving oxgyen from a tube in the nose. He hated the Cpap mask and was constanly trying to rip it off, so he's much happier now.

I got to hold him yesterday for over an hour and it was absolutely wonderful to finally get to hold him in my arms. He instantly settled down while I was holding him. Now that he is off the Cpap machine, we should get to hold him more often.

So far, he has just been receiving nutrients from the IV. They have not fed him yet, but will probably be fed expressed breast milk through a feeding tube at some point during the day.

I'm feeling great and have recovered from delivery very quickly. I just met with the doctor and they will be discharging me tonight since I've had no complications from delivery and my blood pressure is back down to 120/70's.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

What an angel!!! Glad to hear you are all doing so well!!

The Gustafson Family said...

OH Lisa!! I have tears of joy as I look at that beautiful baby boy!!! Congrats!! HOLD HIM TIGHT..YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR A LONG TIME!! {{{hhhuggss}}

Gina said...

Yay Lisa! I am so happy for you! What a beautiful perfect little boy! Congratulations Lisa!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

What a sweetheart! I am so happy for u! And all that hair :)


Michelle Olssen

Mandy said...

He is so handsome!! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. God Bless you.
Mandy

ldowning92 said...

Lisa--Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. I am so happy for you!

Lori (from babycenter)

BJ said...

Oh lisa!! He is sooo precious! He looks perfect! And actually looks pretty big for only 5lbs! I'm just so happy for you! Many blessings to you and your new addition!

Angie said...

Lisa! Blake is just so stinking cute, I love all of that hair! I am so happy for you and my heart is just overwhelmed with joy for you and your husband! Krista was keeping me updated and was so glad to read you are doing well! Congrats again and enjoy your sweet little boy!