Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Low Amniotic Fluid

They did the bio-physical u/s on the baby today and even though it eventually scored 8 out of 8, the baby was very sleepy and my amniotic fluid is low. Which is very concerning. Last Friday it was 10 and today it was 5.2. Anything under 5 is considered very low. Apparently high blood pressure can cause low amniotic fluid.

I was an emotional wreck and started crying. They also hooked me up to the NST test and baby looked good on the NST. I told the nurse I want to be admitted to the hospital so they can monitor baby very close. Then the doctor came in and he agreed that I should be admitted to the hospital so they can hook me up to IV fluids and watch baby closely. They will do another bio-physical profile tomorrow and check fluid levels again. He didn't think there was a need to deliver baby today because the NST looked good and baby did score 8 out of 8, but that they need to watch amniotic fluids very close.

So Mike and I are heading down to United Hospital.

5 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

Oh Lisa! How scary! I am so glad they are admitting you so that you can have them keep a close eye on things. Please keep us updated! I will be praying for you! Sending good thoughts and hugs your way!

Anonymous said...

your in my thoughts lisa - one thing after another - i am so sorry that you have another worry on your mind. i am glad they are admitting you - keep us posted.
just keep thinking positive - you are at a safe point now -
take care.............

Krista said...

I'm so sorry you have a new worry. I have read that bedrest and drinking a LOT of water (1-2 gallons a day if I remember right) are good for low fluid. Maybe the IV does the same thing as the water though. I'm glad you are heading to the hospital and are in good hands. Sending hugs and warm wishes your way...

The Gustafson Family said...

ayi..another worry!! Saying a prayer for you. I am glad you will be able to be watched so carefully. I can't wait to see your precious miracle!

Angie said...

Lisa! I will be praying earnestly for your sweet baby and yourself as well!

United is wonderful, I had great doctor's and nurses when I was there. I am glad that they admitted you and are getting fluids as that is such a blessing right there.

Thinking and praying!!!