Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Update

Hello everyone! This is Candi, Lisa asked me to update everyone. I am just going to copy and paste the email she just sent me.

Hi, I'm in the hospital and have calmed down. The doctor came into to talk to me and said that there are 2 reasons amniotic fluid gets low. 1. Mother is dehydrated or 2. The blood flow to the placenta is not working 100% efficiently so then baby is not drinking and peeing out the amniotic fluid.

They have me hooked up on IV fluids so she said they will do another bio-physical profile u/s tomorrow and if I was truly dehydrated then they would expect to see the fluid level increase since I'm being pumped with fluids from IV. If fluid level is still low, then it's better for baby to be delivered and be in the NICU then stay inside.

She said we will probably have a baby by Sunday or Monday.

If fluid is low again tomorrow then they will take the stitch out and give me something to soften the cervix and then eventually give me pitocin to induce labor.

She said she would love to get me to 35 or 36 weeks, but she feels comfortable with delivering me at 34 weeks.

I have my blackberry with me at the hospital, but don't have my laptop so it will be hard to post an update on the blog.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for the update!

I am so glad you are there and are getting some answers. I know you wanted to get further but know you are in great hands.

Praying desperately!!!

Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!!!

The Gustafson Family said...

OH thank you for the update!!! I was going to be going stir crazy!! Lisa..Thinking of you..glad you're in good hands!!

Krista said...

Thinking of you lots today, Lisa. I hope everything is going well at the hospital. Hang in there...

Krista

The Schexnayders said...

Hey Lisa... this is Charise. Just thinking of you and praying for the best!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Lisa and saying lots of prayers for a smooth delivery!!! Update when you can!!! Christan

Anonymous said...

Lisa youand baby jones are in my thoughts and prayers - cannot wait for another update.
jill l