Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hope for the Houston's Blog

I have a dear friend named Candi that I met last year after I lost the triplets. She reached out to me and offered me support and friendship as I was dealing with the loss of the triplets because she too had lost a child in October 13, 2007. Not only do we share in the tragedy of loosing an infant, but we also both struggle with infertility and have each gone through several IVF attempts.

For anyone who follows my story, I'm asking that you will take the time and read Candi's blog and story. I know you will be touched by her story and their ongoing struggle with wanting to have a child. After she lost her little girl Avery in October of 2007, they have attempted 2 additional frozen transfers what were not successful. So she and her husband are still left with empty arms.

For anyone that has been through infertility treatments you know how extremely expensive IVF is. Unfortunately, most insurance companies do not cover IVF treatments which leave the couple having to pay out of pocket for the extremely expensive procedure.

A Fundraising Blog has been setup on behalf of Candi and her husband. We are hoping to raise enough money to be able to give them another chance at IVF. They need to come up with $18,000 in order to do another round of IVF. We are hoping that between friends, family and followers in the blog community that we could raise a significant amount of money to help them with another IVF.

I have a button located in the upper right hand corner of my blog that will take you to the fundraiser site. Otherwise, here are the addresses to the blogs:

Candi's Blog: http://babyhoustonstory.blogspot.com/
Hope for the Houston's: http://hopeforthehoustons.blogspot.com/

Please help us keep the dream alive by donating. We would love to find 180 people that could donate a $100, but any dollar amount that you can donate will help. Please be assured that 100% of all donations go directly to Candi and her husband.

1 comment:

Candi and Skeet said...

Thank you Lisa. I am truly blessed to have you as a friend.